As part of its social contribution activities, Hokkaido University is also focusing on cooperation with local communities and local governments.
We are actively working to solve regional issues related to the SDGs in order to utilize our research results in society.
Activities and projects in collaboration with local communities
- Program to support the practice of ”Jikatagaku(地方学)”
- “Iwamizawa City/Hokkaido University Industry-Academia Regional Co-Creation Project” Achieved Low Birth Weight Reduction
Examples of collaboration agreements signed by the university
- Comprehensive partnership agreement signed with Hokkaido
- Comprehensive partnership agreement concluded with Sapporo City
- Partnership agreement with Japan Airlines Co., Ltd. (JAL)
- Partnership agreement with Hokkaido Electric Power Co., Inc. and Hokkaido Science and Technology Promotion Center (North Tech Foundation)
Examples of collaboration agreements concluded by departments, etc. of the university
- The university's Institute for the Advancement of Sustainability and STV Sapporo Television Broadcasting Co., Ltd. signed a partnership agreement.
- The Institute of Institute of Low Temperature Science signed a partnership agreement with Kanazawa University Center for Environmental Studies on the Sea of Japan
- The Ainu and Indigenous Studies Center of our university concludes a partnership agreement with the Akan Ainu Association, the Kushiro Ainu Association, the Ainu Consultant, and Kushiro City.