United Nations University Institute for Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) will hold a global seminar in December 2022. This seminar is looking for students to participate.
The United Nations University Global Seminar is designed to raise awareness of the global issues facing contemporary society and the efforts of the United Nations. It is a unique opportunity for students and young professionals to interact and discuss specific issues through lectures and group discussions with prominent scholars and practitioners from Japan and abroad.
Participation in this seminar will be nominated to the United Nations University Platform (SDG-UP), with the participation fee paid by Hokkaido University. If you wish to be nominated, please fill out the application form and send it by e-mail by Sunday, October 30, 2022.
- Title: 38th UNU Global Seminar
- Theme: Energy Sustainability in the Anthropocene ~ Transforming Lifestyles for Carbon Neutrality ~
- Dates: December 3 (Sat.), 4 (Sun.), 10 (Sat.), 2022
- Modality of the Seminar: Online (Zoom)
- Language: English *Interpretation will not be provided.
- Expected participants: 5 students of Hokkaido University, 100 people overall.
- Who is eligible to participate: Hokkaido University students (undergraduate, graduate, and international students, regardless of major)
- Participant fee: 30,000 JPY * Hokkaido University will pay for the fee.
- Certificate: Awarded upon the successful completion of the programme.
- How to apply: Fill out the application form and send it to the contact address (Deadline: Sunday, October 30, 2022)
- Others: After the seminar, you will be required to submit a participation report (about one to two A4 pages).
Please click here to see past reports. The reports are available on this website.
- Contact: SDGs Initiative Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information, please see the flyer below. *Click on the flyer to open a pdf file.