Hokkaido University holds open lectures ” Hokudai-Doshin Academy” for the local community. The event is based on a comprehensive cooperation agreement with the Hokkaido Shimbun Press.
The progam and schedule for 2023 has been determined and registration is now open.
The “Hokudai-Doshin Academy” has been redesigned and implemented as one of the goals of the University’s recurrent education starting this year.
Humanities Course：Policy Issues Facing Central and Local Governments in Contemporary Japan
There are policy issues exist ahead in Hokkaido than any other regions. In this series, the practitioner faculty members who are working actively on the front lines in the central ministries and government agencies will give lectures. They will also consider the issues left in the local, central and nation wide, from the perspective of public policies.
- Dates: Saturdays from May to July, 1:00p.m. to 2:30p.m. (8 sessions)
- Venue: Clark Hall Auditorium, Hokkaido University (except on July 1st and 8th, at Humanities Collaborative Lecture Hall)
- Contact: Faculty of Public Policy, Graduate School of Education, Recurrent Education Division, Graduate Education Organization
Science Course：Frontiers of the Faculty of Engineering – Engineering in your daily life
Engineering is “science technology that is useful to people. In this series, we will introduce the cutting-edge research being conducted at the Faculty of Engineering and explore the appeal of engineering as a science that contributes to society while being useful in our daily lives.
- Dates: Saturdays from May to July, 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (8 sessions)
- Venue: Clark Hall Auditorium, Hokkaido University (except on July 1st and 8th,July 1 and 8 at Humanities Collaborative Lecture Building)
- Contact: Faculty of Engineering, Recurrent Education Division, Graduate Education Promotion Organization
For more information, including registration, please click here. *Go to the website of Hokudai Doshin Academy 2023 First Semester Lectures. (Only available in Japanese)
*You can also check the schedule of public lectures here (pdf).